Lisa Larivière Lorenz was born in Montreal, Canada. While working at the Canadian National railway she studied Marketing, Advertising & Graphic Design at Concordia University's CCE. In 1996 Lisa left the corporate world to travel and work aboard. She has lived in Switzerland, South Korea, Denmark, and South Africa. She is now living and working in Basel, Switzerland.
Her extensive travels have given her a very broad outlook of the world, as well as providing inspiration for her paintings. Many of her colorful paintings capture her many travels and her lively painting impressions of the places she visited.
Her artwork features realistic subject matter that she stylizes with a vibrant color palette, bold lines, form and a fanciful decorative allure. She works mainly from her imagination and her work is characterized by creative compositions, exaggerated perspectives and her strikingly effective use of colors and design.
You will also discover the interesting use of the cloisonnism style in her artwork where she outlines her composition with a fine brush painting a bold contour emphasizing her artwork. This gives her work a beautiful stained glass effect infusing a vibrant energy. Her lively vivacious compositions are consistently delightful to look at and evoke a sense of happiness guaranteed to brighten your day.
Lisa's vibrant, inimitable signature style of painting has captured the attention of many and have become recognized and sought after worldwide.
Passionately and romantically is the way I live and the way I paint. I love to travel and I am inspired by the beautiful places I visit. In particular, the exquisite European architecture, colorful coastal villages, harbors and the sea brimming with splendor and romance. I am intrigued by the beauty of nature and flora with its beautiful colors and organic shapes. Much of my artwork is inspired from my travels and reflects the unique beauty and vibe of the surroundings of the places I visit. I work mostly from my imagination and travel photos. I like to capture the essence of the architecture and landscape, stylizing it and playing with perspective and color making it my own. I work mainly with acrylics, which I adore for their intensity and versatility. I paint with bright colors, bold lines and experiment with juxtaposition of shapes, patterns and perspectives. I paint with many coats, layering my colors so that they shine. I want my work to captivate my viewers and have them experience the energy of color and harmony that transcend from my paintings. I want the viewer to explore the details of my compositions and spend time contemplating my painting process and the narrative of my work. I use the cloisonné style extensively in my artwork outlining with a fine brush emphasizing the colors, shapes and structures in my compositions giving them a beautiful stained glass effect infusing a vibrant energy.
My lively paintings are one of a kind in nature; a colorful, fanciful place that I can escape and be lost within. When I paint, I relive the magic, colors, and wonders of my travels and I know I have achieved my goal, when my painting makes you smile!
• Concordia University CCE: Marketing/Advertising & Graphic Design Certificate, Montreal Quebec, 1995; • Migros Schule (Language School), German Language Classes, Basel, Switzerland: 1996–1999; • Private Painting Instruction with Korean Artist Sunim Koh, Seoul, Korea: 2001-2004
Some Video reviews of my paintings by Art Curator Martina Stagi at MADS MilanoArt Gallery during their Exhibitions" in Milan, Italy. Many thanks to the
art curator and the MADS Milano Gallery for these videos.
Awards, Publications, Press
• Pine Ridge Fine Art: Licensed Painting Images for 2023 & 2022 "Colours of Europe" Calendars
• ESHG (European Society of Human Genetics) 2 of my painting images licensed for their international meetings: Colours of Nyhavn painting in May 2017 in Copenhagen and my Wonder of Paris painting in June 2013 in Paris
• Trader Joe's: Licensed Painting Images for Trader Joe's Greeting Cards
• Barnes & Noble: Licensed Painting for Book Cover: A House Rejoicing: Poems by Pavel Chichikov
• Painting Images Licensed to: Fine Art America, Imagekind, RedBubble, Society 6, Greeting Card Universe, Leotie, Zazzle, VIDA, Cafe Press
• Semi-Finalist, ARTBOX.PROJECT World 2.0 Exhibit, Urbanside Gallery, Zurich, Switzerland 2022
• Semi-Finalist; ARTBOX.PROJECT World 1.0 Exhibit, ARTBOX Gallery, Zurich, Switzerland 2021
• Featured Artist: Fine Art America, Imagekind, Society 6, RedBubble, Zazzle, Greeting Card Universe Print Companies 2006-2022
• Featured artist in a "Distinctive Style Magazine" 2nd Quarter & 3rd Quarter Publications, 2010
• Featured artist at "The Empty Easel", July 2007
• Gallery de Rive, Rockland, Ontario, Canada: People's Choice Award, August 2009, 2010, 2011
• Ottawa Citizen Newspaper: Article about my Hand painted Muskoka Chair donated for auction for the Cancer Society, April 2, 2011
• CTV - A Ottawa Morning Show: TV Interview about my Muskoka Chair Donated for Auction for Cancer Society, March 29 2011
• Cottage & Big Backyard Show, Ottawa, Ontario, April 2011: My hand painted Muskoka Chair selected & displayed at the show
• Orleans Star Newspaper: Featured: Focus on local talent; April 3, 2009 & March 31, 2011
• Le Journal Vision Newspaper, Rockland, Ontario: Paintings featured from the Winter Exhibit at Galerie de Rive, December 2009
Exhibitions Past & Future: