Lisa Larivière Lorenz was born in Montreal, Canada. While working at the Canadian National railway she studied Marketing, Advertising & Graphic Design at Concordia University's CCE. Her experience in graphic design is visible in much of her work and continues to influence her paintings. Lisa left the corporate world and Canada to join her fiancé in Switzerland to travel and work aboard. She has lived abroad for over 25 years and has lived in Basel (CH), Seoul (KR), Copenhagen (DK), Ottawa (CDN) and Johannesburg (SA). She now resides and works in Flüh, Switzerland.
Her extensive travels have given her a very broad outlook of the world, as well as providing inspiration for her paintings. Many of her colorful paintings capture her many travels and her lively painting impressions of the places she visited.
Her artwork features realistic subject matter that she stylizes with a vibrant color palette, bold lines, form and a fanciful decorative allure. She works mainly with acrylics, which she adores for their intensity and versatility painting in many coats, layering her colors so that they shine. She works mainly from her imagination and her work is characterized by creative compositions, exaggerated perspectives and her strikingly effective use of colors and design.
You will also discover the interesting use of the cloisonnism style in her artwork where she outlines her composition with a fine brush painting a bold contour emphasizing her artwork. This gives her work a beautiful stained glass effect infusing a vibrant energy. Her lively vivacious compositions are consistently delightful to look at and evoke a sense of happiness guaranteed to brighten your day. Lisa's vibrant, inimitable signature style of painting has captured the attention of many and have become recognized and sought after worldwide.
Passionately and romantically is the way I live and the way I paint. I love to travel and I am inspired by the beautiful places I visit. In particular, the exquisite European architecture, colorful coastal villages, harbors and the sea brimming with splendor and romance. I am intrigued by the beauty of nature and flora with its beautiful colors and organic shapes. Much of my artwork is inspired from my travels and reflects the unique beauty and vibe of the surroundings of the places I visit. I work mostly from my imagination and travel photos. I like to capture the essence of the architecture and landscape, stylizing it and playing with perspective and color making it my own. I work mainly with acrylics, which I adore for their intensity and versatility. I paint with bright colors, bold lines and experiment with juxtaposition of shapes, patterns and perspectives. I paint with many coats, layering my colors so that they shine. I want my work to captivate my viewers and have them experience the energy of color and harmony that transcend from my paintings. I want the viewer to explore the details of my compositions and spend time contemplating my painting process and the narrative of my work. I use the cloisonné style extensively in my artwork outlining with a fine brush emphasizing the colors, shapes and structures in my compositions giving them a beautiful stained glass effect infusing a vibrant energy.
My lively paintings are one of a kind in nature; a colorful, fanciful place that I can escape and be lost within. When I paint, I relive the magic, colors, and wonders of my travels and I know I have achieved my goal, when my painting makes you smile!
• Concordia University CCE: Marketing/Advertising & Graphic Design Certificate, Montreal Quebec, 1995; • Migros Schule (Language School), German Language Classes, Basel, Switzerland: 1996–1999; • Private Painting Instruction with Korean Artist Sunim Koh, Seoul, Korea: 2001-2004
Some Video reviews of my paintings by Art Curator Martina Stagi at MADS MilanoArt Gallery during their Exhibitions" in Milan, Italy. Many thanks to the
art curator and the MADS Milano Gallery for these videos.
Exhibitions Past & Future:
• 2023 Miami Art Weeks, Mana Convention Center Wynwood Miami, Florida Dec 6-10
• 2023 Andakulova Gallery, Dubai, UAE November 1- 30
• 2023 Swiss Art Expo, SBB Event Hall, Zurich, Switzerland; September. 6-10
• 2023 Casa del Arte Gallery, Palma, Mallorca, Spain July 1-31
• 2023 Thompson Gallery Fine Art, Zug, Switzerland, July 1-25
• 2023 Art Expo Basel, ARTBOX.Project Basel 2.0, EuroAirport Basel, Switzerland, June 15-18
• 2023 Finity Gallery, LIVING Berlin Design Centre, Berlin Charlottenburg, Germany, May 1-31
• 2023 Thompson Gallery Fine Art, Zug, Switzerland, May 1-31
• 2023 NYC Art Expo, ARTBOX.Project New York 2.0, Manhattan New York, NY, USA, April 17-26
• 2023 Contemporary Art Curator Magazine, Planet Future Online Exhibition, April 1-Sept 1
• 2023 LOS ANGELES ART LAB, Los Angeles, California, USA, February 1-15,
• 2022 ARTBOX.Project Miami 3.0, Art Week Miami, Florida, USA, Nov. 28-Dec. 10
• 2022 ARTBOX.Project Palma 1.0, Casa del Arte, Mallorca, ES, Oct. 25-Nov. 5
• 2022 Swiss Art Expo, SBB Event Hall, Zurich, Switzerland; August 24-28
• 2022 Venice Art Biennale, ARTBOX Expo Venezia 1.0, Venice, Italy, May 1-31
• 2022 HelvetArt, Online Juried Art Show/exhibition, March 1-30
• 2022 ARTBOX.Project World 2.0, Urbanside Gallery, Zurich, Switzerland; Feb. 1-March 4
• 2021 Swiss Art Expo, SBB Event Hall, Zurich, Switzerland; August 25-29
• 2021 Contemporary Art Curator Magazine, “River of Dreams” Exhibit. June-Oct.
• 2021 "Romantica" M.A.D.S. Art Gallery, Milan, Italy; April-May
• 2021 "GAIA The Origin" M.A.D.S. Art Gallery, Milan, Italy; March-April
• 2021 ARTBOX.Project World 1.0, ARTBOX Gallery, Zurich, Switzerland; March 1-April 30
• 2016/2015 Pics Alive, Bedfordview, JHB, South Africa
• 2014 Melrose Arch, Johannesburg, South Africa
• 2013/2012 Shenkman Arts Centre, Ottawa, Ont.
• 2011/2010 Ottawa Art Expo, Ottawa, Ont.
• 2011 Ottawa Cottage Big Backyard Show; Lansdowne Park; Ont.
• 2012/2011/2010/2009 Shenkman Arts Centre, Ottawa, Ont.
• 2011/2010/2009 West Carleton Arts Society, Ont.
• 2012/2011 Gatineau City Hall, Images sur Toiles, Gatineau, Quebec
• 2010 Festival International des Arts de Montreal (FIMA), Montreal, Que.
• 2011/2010/2009 Ottawa Art Association, Ottawa, Ont.
• 2011/2010/2009 Art East Ottawa, Orleans, Ont.
• 2011/2010/2009 Ottawa Little Theatre, Ont.
• 2011/2010 Art in The Park-Cumberland Farmer's Market, Cumberland, Ont.
• 2010/2009/2008 Galerie de la Rive, Rockland, Ont.
• 2010 Broadway Bar & Grill, Rockland, Ont.
• 2007/2006 Hellerup Indraming Gallery, Copenhagen, Denmark
• 2003 Gallery Alpha, Namdaemum, Oksu-dong, Seoul, Korea
• 2003/2002 La Tavola, Yongsan-Gu, Seoul, Korea
• 2001-2004 Koh Studio & Gallery, Oksu-dong, Seoul, Korea
Awards, Publications, Press
• Pine Ridge Fine Art: Licensed Painting Images for 2023 & 2022 "Colours of Europe" Calendars
• ESHG (European Society of Human Genetics) 2 of my painting images licensed for their international meetings: Colours of Nyhavn painting in May 2017 in Copenhagen and my Wonder of Paris painting in June 2013 in Paris
• Trader Joe's: Licensed Painting Images for Trader Joe's Greeting Cards
• Barnes & Noble: Licensed Painting for Book Cover: A House Rejoicing: Poems by Pavel Chichikov
• Painting Images Licensed to: Fine Art America, Imagekind, RedBubble, Society 6, Greeting Card Universe, Leotie, Zazzle, VIDA, Cafe Press
• 2023 Collectors Art Prize given by the Contemporary Art Curators Magazine
• 2022 Semi-Finalist, ARTBOX.PROJECT World 2.0 Exhibit, Urbanside Gallery, Zurich, Switzerland
• 2021 Semi-Finalist; ARTBOX.PROJECT World 1.0 Exhibit, ARTBOX Gallery, Zurich, Switzerland
• Featured Artist: Fine Art America, Imagekind, Society 6, Redbubble, Zazzle, Greeting Card Universe Print Companies 2006-2022
• Featured Artist in a "Distinctive Style Magazine" 2nd & 3rd Quarter Publications, 2010
• Gallery de Rive, Rockland, Ontario, Canada: People's Choice Award, August 2009, 2010, 2011
• Featured Artist at "The Empty Easel", July 2007
• 2023 Collectors Art Prize given by the Contemporary Art Curators Magazine and Contemporary Art Collectors - Interview in the Contemporary Art Curator Magazine: https://www.collectorsartprize.com/awarded-artists/lisa-lariviere-lorenz?rq=Lisa%20Lariviere%20Lorenz
• Ottawa Citizen Newspaper: Article about my Hand painted Muskoka Chair donated for auction for the Cancer Society, April 2, 2011
• CTV - A Ottawa Morning Show: TV Interview about my Muskoka Chair Donated for Auction for Cancer Society, March 29 2011
• Cottage & Big Backyard Show, Ottawa, Ontario, April 2011: My hand painted Muskoka Chair selected & displayed at the show
• Orleans Star Newspaper: Featured: Focus on local talent; April 3, 2009 & March 31, 2011
• Le Journal Vision Newspaper, Rockland, Ontario: Paintings featured from the Winter Exhibit at Galerie de Rive, December 2009